Monday, September 14, 2015

I'm Back!

Seriously, I am not good at this blogging/writing thing! I feel like everyday is just constant motion and little time for me to sit down and write. I just filed 2014 taxes if that tells you anything!

Maybe I should write less in one post and write more frequently. I mean, can I take 10-15 minutes out of my day to write a blog post?! I'm going to try it. Not everyday. At least once a week.

So, what prompted today's post, you might ask...or maybe no one is following this anymore. That's okay too. This can be for me only. :)

Proud Mommy moment.  I haven't really cried in awhile...hormones must be in check lately. However, today I let it out.

Sera, who is my more challenging daughter--always getting into trouble, climbing on counters to reach candy, taking her sister's things and running off with them (taunting "haha, haha"), helping herself to whatever she feels like, doesn't take "no" for an answer, still not potty-trained, and able to press every single one of my buttons within a day--made me cry tears of happiness today.

Long story short: she met this little girl who is about 5 (Sera is only 3.5 now) through school this past summer. This little girl is severely handicapped. I'm not sure what disability she has, but I know she is bound to a wheelchair, can't talk, and seems to lack muscular function.  Sera has talked about her on several occasions, and she tells me how she doesn't see "Kate" anymore.  Well, today I was walking Sera into the school and she saw Kate right away in the lobby.  Sera ran ahead of me and gave the biggest hug she could give to Kate. It was one of those sweet moments I will cherish forever.  Right away, tears formed in my eyes and I thought what a special little girl I have.  I have never seen another child make any contact with Kate at school, and here's my sweet girl showing love.

And, if that wasn't enough...one of the little girls in her preschool class was having a rough time at "drop off" today. What did Sera do? She hugged her.  It's nothing she thinks about; she just does it. She's the most caring 3 year old I have ever seen and I can't believe she's my daughter.

Needless to say, I balled like a baby when I got to the car.  My daughter touches my heart and she makes me so proud. While I do believe your environment, your parents, your peers shape who you become, I truly believe Sera has a little bit of extra kindness in her soul.


2 comments:

  1. Still reading (at least when I spot posts). What an awesome little girl you have! You must be doing something right despite the challenge that she can be. Some kids really are just in tune with that empathy to look out for others. What a special experience. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I think she's pretty awesome too! :) She seems to really care about kids and babies.

    ReplyDelete