Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Video: Donor Egg Child

I've known about this video for a long time now. When I first watched it, I was so impressed with this teenager--she seemed so level-headed and mature (not that I didn't expect it), but I was happy to hear her thoughts on being a donor egg child. Hearing her makes me feel good about our decision to try an egg donor's eggs (probably why I've watched it like a dozen times now). I'm in the "tell" camp; I think it's important that a DE child knows that her genetics are different from the birth mother. And, I think it's important that the child knows this at an early age. (just my opinion)

Anyway, here's the link to the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTgHRV8g1Fg

I think anyone who is considering egg donation (as a recipient) should view this video.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for pointing this out. This is a really good video, and it just shows that it doesn't matter so much how a kid is born, but how it is raised. This young lady is amazing!

    ReplyDelete