Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Holidays...

It's been awhile, and there's really nothing new to report. I haven't heard from the clinic, and though our next cycle has been in the back of my mind, I've been enjoying the holidays. It's been a great time of year for us...lots of family, friends and pure joy. I feel so blessed with my life.

Two interesting conversations with family during this holiday season:

1. My husband's aunt was almost certain we were pregnant. She said she had a very vivid dream where I was pregnant. So vivid, she had to ask her sister (husband's mom) if we were trying to have another baby. I'm hoping it's a good sign that others are dreaming of me being pregnant. I've dreamt of friends being pregnant and they actually were or became pregnant very soon. I feel pretty strong about the power of dreams, so I'm really hoping this is a good sign.

2. We haven't talked much with our families about egg donation (just my Mom and my husband's parents)--that's as far as we took it, and I am hoping the subject stayed that far with our families. So, I was pretty surprised when my sister-in-law came over for dinner tonight and said that she wishes we could have another. She then asked if we could try in-vitro to have a child. Husband replied," that's the only way." Strangely, she then said, " I was thinking of donating my eggs." I was really surprised that this conversation came up with her. I actually was biting my tongue, and I felt like saying "we've tried donated eggs." We kept our mouths shut about our egg donation experience. I have to admit, my sister-in-law would make a great egg donor--she's tall and pretty. She's a talented painter. If she wasn't my sister-in-law, I'd ask her to donate for us.

Wish I had more to report, but it's been quiet here. Hoping 2011 brings lots of happiness, good health, and maybe a baby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment