Saturday, January 1, 2011

The New Year Is Here!

2011 came in rather uneventful for us. We visited some family members during the early evening hours and then retreated home to watch a movie, in hopes we might make it up until midnight. We made it until midnight for the New Year kiss! :) We were off to bed shortly after--no champagne, no noise-makers, no confetti, no frills for 2011. Not that we don't like to celebrate a New Year, but I know for me, sometimes it feels like more hype brings on higher expectations. I'm not sure what 2011 holds for us and I always wish for a great new year; however, I want to take one-day-at-a-time and cherish my blessings as they are with me TODAY. Today is a great day, not because it's the first day in 2011, but because I have a wonderful family, supportive friends, and a home full of love. Sounds like a great day to start the New Year.

4 comments:

  1. One day at a time...it really is the best anyone can do in this ttc business.

    I truly hope that 2011 revels its promise to you very soon....

    LS x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post and thought :) We usually don't go with the frills and hype of New Years either. I enjoy just looking back at the past year and setting goals for the next. But it is definitely about just enjoy today the most. I am wishing and thinking of you for 2011. May this be a great year for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now a follower from Creme de la Creme. (hope you'll follow back)

    Your journey sounds amazing and I think you are brave. Best of luck this new year. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! It's great to see new "faces." Thanks for following.

    ReplyDelete