Monday, September 27, 2010

First PIO injection - completed

I did it - I made it through my first PIO injection. I iced the area for about 10 minutes prior, and my DH did a great job with the injection. I didn't really feel anything when the needle went in, and as the injection went through the muscle, I started to feel some pressure/soreness in my butt muscle. It wasn't horrible pain or anything--just sore. It felt like the injection was over in 5 seconds, but my DH said it was at least 10 seconds. I didn't watch, so I had no clue what was going on. Afterward, my DH rubbed/massaged the muscle and then applied a heating pad for at least 15 - 20 minutes. When I got up (I laid down on my belly during the injection) to walk, my butt muscle was very sore (I feel like I overdid a workout yesterday--which isn't the case). It's been over an hour, and the entire right butt muscle is still sore (no major pain, just sore). DH says I'm sensitive.

I'm glad it's over, and I now have expectations for the next one. The actual injection was easy and fairly painless. It's the AFTER soreness I wasn't expecting. One down, many more to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment