Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Funny...or Not So Funny

I had to laugh (not out loud, though) when I had my nurse teaching appointment today. This is the 2nd, maybe 3rd time the receptionist has asked me, "are you the donor or the recipient?" It makes me feel good to think I look as young as a donor, but it does suck too--it reminds me how unfair it is that I can't produce my own eggs at the tender age of 34. The 30's are the new 20's, right? My body didn't get that right!

Who would have thought a 34 year old whose ovaries have shrunk, who has no eggs to reproduce...this seems so wrong. It's definitely not funny. But this is my life, my journey and it is taking me down a path I never imagined. So any laugh I can get along the way, it helps.

2 comments:

  1. The other day I walked into the waiting room of a new fertility clinic. Looking around I thought ´But all these people look so NORMAL!`...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blah...seriously understand where you are coming from. It really is a cruel irony. But yeah for the somewhat odd compliment right? You are a youngin and I think that only works in your favor for treatments (even if they say it doesn't matter for DE...I think it does). Thinking of you with all appendages crossed :)

    ReplyDelete